Friday, December 3, 2010

The heart will go on and on....

Celion Dion's song "My Heart Will Go On" always makes me cry. I'm a sap, I know... if you want to cry just list to it... My Heart Will Go On by: Celion Dion

I'm sitting here watching Titanic... my Friday night is a sap night... you know those nights where you just want to "boo hoo" it out all over the place, but privately...When you need a good cry and you pop in the movie you know will do it for ya.... that movie for me is Titanic....

I think most women who have ever been in love can relate to this story... young Rose who is confused and pressured finds love in a very unexpected place... in a forbidden place... in a "street rat"... I know I can relate to that, to that feeling of the forbidden... my grandfather was as racist as they come and my falling in love and having a baby with a black man crossed the line. He had his moment and said some words, but after a stern talking to by my aunt (RIP Aunt Robbie), he came around... thank goodness he didn't try to shoot any body like Cal on Titanic...we would have had some problems...LOL

And oh the love between Rose and Jack that flourished so quickly... and deeply... "you jump, I jump"... Have you ever felt that? I have... I can relate there too... loving someone so much that you go with them wherever, whenever.... that love that brings you physical pain when you think of something happening to your beloved... or something happening to your relationship with your beloved... The euphoric highs that come with that love....indescribable... and the lows that come in bad times, gut wrenching...

In the end, with Jack's death, Rose actually begins to live... you see she was dead inside before Jack, he brought her to life.... he saved her... I can relate there too... the part of saving me, not the death part LOL.... when I met my husband I was so down and in such a bad place within myself... he brought me back to life...he helped me heal the wounds that had been holding back... and if he were to die, I don't know that my heart could on... could I do like Rose did? and go on, living her life not only for herself, but for Jack? Could I go on living for me? For him? I just don't know if I'm that strong....

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment