Sunday, April 14, 2013

My 1st 5K - Susan G. Komen - 4/13/2013

 


For those who have been following me and reading up on my blog and pages, you know I've been trying to get healthier. My neighbor ((shout out to Susan!!)) has been a great encouragement. I shared with her some of my problems, like I have a hard time making exercise a habit. She told me to set a goal, something to work towards..she suggested a 5K.

About 2 months ago, my friend Kim invited me to her 5K event -- she wanted to get a team to do the 5K in Savannah, GA. This was perfect timing for me! I gladly joined! My husband has supported my efforts and got me some new sneakers and the Nike+ sensor for my shoes. I've had them for about a month and have already recorded 69.83 miles!!


Yesterday was the Susan G. Komen 5K and my goal was to just DO IT.. I wasn't worried about time or anything. I just wanted to be there, showing my support and doing my part. Many of my followers know that my mother died from cancer, not breast cancer, but still. So this 5K was important to me for several reasons. I enjoyed the 5K immensely! The ladies I walked with were great -- the atmosphere was great -- the energy and excitement for the entire event was so overwhelming that I took a nap later that day when I was home! I haven't taken a nap in months lol

With help of some wonderful people, I was also able to raise over $200 for the 5K! I have set a goal for next years 5K -- I want to form a team of at least 15 people and get at least $1000 raised between us all. I'm going to start planning for it in the Fall. This is motivation to keep going and keep doing what I've been doing.

Thank you to all who supported me and encouraged me.. you will never know how much it really means to me.. here are some pics from the day --

6:30 am, about to leave!

My 'bib'.

The finish line!!

In the car being goofy in the parking garage lol

Thank you!!!



Follow me on Twitter & Instagram @ jamielynn1027

No comments:

Post a Comment