Thursday, September 9, 2010

The feeling of Death...

I wrote this on 10/2/95 ~

On a dark and misty night I walked alone down a narrow dirt road. Thick woods ran along both sides of me. Off in the distance I heard an owl, it's screech pierced my ears. I stopped,listening to the sounds of the night. As I started to walk again, I looked aimlessly around me, wondering what was lurking in the isolated woods.

Suddenly, a blood-curdling scream broke the silence of the night. My feet wouldn't move, I just stood there with beads of sweat all over my face. I was scared and could hear nothing now but the pounding of my own heart. I tried to calm myself, but I just couldn't get the screams out of my head. I forced myself to walk some more, being more cautious of my surroundings. To my surprise, I heard nothing but the lonely owl for about 20 minutes.

When I heard footsteps in the woods to my right, I picked up my pace. No more than a few minutes later I was running full speed trying to get away from whatever was following me. Not paying attention to what was in front of me, I tripped over a log and fell. I just wanted to disappear. I got up the strength to pull myself from the ground when someone ran into me. We both hit the ground hard. As I turned over, I realized it was a woman lying next to me. I saw blood and automatically thought she was dead. I checked for a pulse, it was there, but faintly. i called to her to see if she could hear me. The stranger opened her eyes and stared at me. She looked at me so hard that it felt like she could see my soul. When she tried to say something, all she made was a gurgling sound. I was so frightened that I stood up, getting ready to run. Her eyes moved past me and grew wide. I knew something was wrong so I turned around to see what she was looking at.

I tried to scream, but nothing came out. Standing before me was a tall man with a butcher's knife clutched tightly in his hand. Blood was dripping off the tip of the knife onto the ground and staining it a dark crimson color. I turned around and ran for my life, forgetting about the dying woman lying on the ground. I could hear the crazed man chasing me. He was getting closer by the minute and I began to panic even more.

Not long after I had began running, his hand grabbed my shoulder and pulled me back into his chest. I knew the end was coming for me, but I wondered how soon. My attacker said nothing as I pleaded for my life. When he got tired of me begging, he plunged the sharp blade of the knife into my throat. I tried my best despite the pain to get away from him. The more I struggled, the tighter his grip became. It was useless, I was as good as dead. More than once I felt the cold blade pierce my back. No one but me and the psychotic man holding me heard my agonizing screams.

Before I knew it, he threw me on the ground and watched as I struggled to hold onto my life. Watching me as I took my lasts breaths, I slowly drifted into unconsciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment