Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Seven Summits - A Soldier's Quest ((very awesome!))

I received a message in my email from a Mrs. Sarah Jones...and I'm so glad she wrote me! I looked at the website she gave me and I must say I'm impressed!

Her husband, SSG Trevor Jones, is trying to become the first Active Duty Soldier to climb the 7 summits (the tallest summit on each continent) while raising funds and awareness for the Wounded Warrior Project. He has already climbed Denali (tallest in North America), and Aconcagua (tallest in South America), and his next climb will be Mt. Kilimanjaro in Africa in January 2012.

From his website:
"My name is Trevor Jones and I am a Staff Sergeant in the US Army. I’ve had a fairly extensive military career in my short life, having served two deployments to Iraq, and one to Afghanistan. In June 2009, I began a quest to become the first to climb each of the Seven Summits while serving as an active duty member of the United States military. By accomplishing this, I hope to raise funds and awareness for the Wounded Warrior Project."

I'm going to support him!! I love seeing things like this and that is why I'm sharing. If you want to help, or learn more, here are some links -

Seven Summits
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment