Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thanksgiving...gobble gobble

Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite Holidays. When I was younger we always had big get togethers with family and it was something I looked forward to as a child. Once I met my husband I started doing Thanksgiving with his family and I loved the Holiday even more! His mom and dad always do a wonderful job on the dinner and her home is decorated so wonderfully that you feel the warmth and love of the Holiday season as soon as you step in the door.

It wasn't until a few years ago I started to actually cook my own Thanksgiving dinner. The first and second year we were married I went to my in-laws for Thanksgiving because my husband was in AIT and then deployed. The third year we were married we went to one of his SGTs house for Thanksgiving dinner. It's always been "something else" lol...

Last year I cooked Thanksgiving dinner and had some friends over whose husbands were gone like mine. Great fellowship with my "sisters" and great food!! I had a blast cooking too =) Here's some yummy pics -

Macaroni Salad & Potato Salad

Turkey & Sides

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Now I'm hungry...

This year, my husband will be home for Thanksgiving and I'm not sure what we are doing yet. We may go somewhere or I might cook. Either way, him being home is what will be the best thing about Thanksgiving this year. =)

Here's a cute poem I found with the wonderful world of Google -

The First Thanksgiving
When the Pilgrims
first gathered together to share
with their Indian friends
in the mild autumn air,
they lifted the voices
in jubilant praise
for the bread on the table,
the berries and maize,
for field and for forest,
for turkey and deer,
for the bountiful crops
they were blessed with that year.
They were thankful for these
as they feasted away,
and as they were thankful
we're thankful today.

-author unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment