Thursday, March 1, 2012

My Morning Smoothie - delish!

Yesterday I bought a new blender so that I could start making my smoothies again. I find it to be cheaper this way than buying expensive meal replacement shakes. When I went to the commissary yesterday I stocked up on fruit (fresh & frozen), organic soy milk, protein powder and nonfat yogurt.

In my blender I used:
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup unsweetened organic soy milk (45 cals)
1/2 scoop 100% Whey Protein powder (70 cals)
1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt (50 cals)
1 Tbsp chia seed gel (10 cals)
1/2 banana (53 cals)
2/3 cup frozen strawberries (50 cals)

*you can add an artificial sweetner if you want, sometimes I do, sometimes I don't..

Follow the links to see the health benefits of the items I used (you can also just google yourself to find our more than what I provide):
Soy Milk
Whey Protein
Yogurt
Chia Seeds
Bananas
Strawberries

Here are my pics =)



It's yummy =)

No comments:

Post a Comment