Friday, March 16, 2012

Starting with just One Step

When I was a teenager I use to jog every night. Then I had kids and got lazy lol... I let myself go and before long I didn't know where to start to pick up the pieces and put myself back together again. Then I thought, "I'll start with one step."

I've been going through some personal things and I needed a way to get out some of my aggression...my anger..my hurt... I know I need to get healthy and lose weight so I decided to work on myself mentally & physically.. walking does both!

I grabbed my walking shoes, my iPOD Touch & my bottle of water and got my ass out the door. In the mornings I'll walk my daughter to school and then just keep going. For now, I'm aiming for at least 2 miles a day and I want to work up to at least 5 miles a day. I use http://www.jogtracker.com/ to track my walking. I have the app on my phone and the gps tracks it for me and directly uploads it to the site when I save it. It figures how far you walked, speed and calories burned. You can even add friends for support on JogTracker - look me up! My username is "jamielynn1027".

I like JogTracker because it is good to see my progress and you can earn nifty little "medals" lol I know it's only the internet, but it's cute =)

Walking helps me clear my mind and on the days I walk, I actually feel more energetic the rest of the day.

I have also been spending less time on Facebook b/c of my walking and it's wonderful!! As much as I love Facebook, I don't log seeing the negativity all the time...and sadly, as much as I want to, I can't control what other people post LOL Not reading all the negativity has positively affected me =) When you read and see all negative stuff, you slowly start feeling negative about things... and right now, I don't need it... I need positivity!! Facebook was poisoning my thoughts lol...

You can google all the benefits of walking and read about it, OR you can just get out there and do it and feel the benefits for yourself =)

BTW, I've lost 5 pounds in less than 2wks from adding walking to my (almost) daily routine. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment