Thursday, October 27, 2011

Happy 32nd Birthday to Me!

When I was younger I use to think - "OMG that woman is 30? She is old!" - Well, now I'm past 30yrs old and I don't feel old at all! Getting older has been great to tell the truth and I wouldn't choose to be in my teens again for anything in the world...

When you're a teenager, most of the time, you are trying to find yourself while fitting in... Lord knows you think you know everything under the sun and can't nobody tell you any different.

I feel so bad for the kids growing up now more than when I was younger...there wasn't so much emphasis on looks... being beautiful and skinny... there wasn't so much hate going around when I was younger either.. Now we see kids as young as 5th graders having eating problems b/c they think they are too fat or don't look thin enough like their fave movie star/singer.... girls hate on girls so much that we have 6th graders calling other girls whores and sluts! That didn't happen when I was a kid.

Now that I'm older, none of that applies to me. If someone were to call me a whore or a slut I'll chuckle and say "I wish!" or "Wanna watch?" - I've always got something to come back with... Someone could call me ugly or fat and that's okay... b/c as I grew with age, I grew in my love for myself... I'm confident enough that what others say doesn't bother me...

I've got great kids and a sexy, loving husband who provides very well... some of the best friends ever... an interesting lifestyle where I get to travel and meet new people all the time... and SMALLER BOOBS! - I'm living great =)

The only thing that could make me happier right now is finding a job... but I'll settle for looking at my lovely flowers that my Scentsy got me for my birthday...


2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! I have to say, it might change one day, but I'm with you...I'm much happier now than I was when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, being older you have more responsibilities but being younger was much harder... LOL

    ReplyDelete