Saturday, November 10, 2012

My "Political" Rant

Over the past few days I've been seeing tons of things about the election and what it means, as I'm sure most of you have too. One thing that stuck out to me was the talk of "Traditional America" being gone.

The title of an article I read really grabbed my attention -






"The days of white male hegemony are finally, mercifully over." - For those who don't know, "hegemony" means leadership or dominance, esp by one country or social group.


With times changing, it's no wonder we are no longer "Traditional America" and it seems to me, from what I've been reading, some people need to catch up to the times. In "Traditional American", it was predominantly "white", controlled by men where the women were quiet and did as they were told. Interracial relationships were blasphemy, abortion was an automatic outcast and being "gay" was an abomination.

Truth is, "white" people are now the minority. More and more women are in the workforce and demand equality. More women are standing up for themselves. Everywhere I turn there are interracial couples (not talking just "black or white") who are having interracial children. Gay people are now open about who they are, who they love and can legally get married in many states. 

In my opinion, the results from the election prove that if the GOP doesn't do some "soul searching" they will end up non-existent. The GOP is pro-life and has been known for misogyny (basically the hate/dislike of women/girls). Does it say something that in this election, the pro-choice candidate, won the women's vote by 12 percentage points? That created a 20 point gender gap and is the largest gender gap since 1952.

I've seen statements that people who voted for The President are uneducated and don't know the facts. I personally know several people who are very educated (and I'm sure there are more than I know personally) and know the facts of both sides that voted for The President simply because they believe in their hearts he was the better choice. I'm sure there are people who vote for BOTH parties, that weren't educated or versed in either ones ideals, but to say it goes for most voters is assinine to me. I say "most voters" being on both sides..I'm sure there are people saying stuff about republican voters, I just haven't seen it, probably would have if Romney won.

It's also no surprise to me that more young voters turned out this year. Why? Like I've previously said...there are interracial couples every I turn lol The "younger" generations aren't predominantly white anymore. So of course they are going to go for the guy who is looking out for them more. Young people ages 18 to 29 years old supported Democrats by a 23-point margin in this election, 60 percent to 37 percent.

I agree with several things I have seen about why Romney lost. Google it..I'm sure you'll find a lot of information.

I haven't said all this because I'm all "Go-Bama"!! I agree with some of his policies and I disagree with some.. just like I agree with some of Romney's and disagree with some. I took some poll/questionnaire that put me more on Obama's side, but I support the President no matter who is in office. I don't have to like them, but I will support them. I choose not to say anything bad about ANY president. Instead, I choose to pray for them and for our country. For the PEOPLE in our country.

All of this is just MY PERSONAL observation. I know people will disagree with me and that's cool. Just getting my rant out =)



No comments:

Post a Comment