Saturday, February 12, 2011

30 Days of me - Day 7

Day 07- A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you.

My kids have had the biggest impact on me.

Photobucket

I had DeeJay when I was 19yrs old.... During my teens I partied a lot...more than I should have at such a young age. When I say "partied" I don't mean hanging with my girlfriends, drinking soda and being silly....lol... I did a 180 when I had him...no more partying while he was young unless my MIL offered to come get him, but even then, I mostly wanted to catch up on sleep during that time, lol... I was not the kind of mother who pushed my child off on others so I could "do me"... He was my responsibility, no one elses. I was very fortunate to have the help I did, but I had to grow up.

Then came along Richie.... and DeeJay was only 13 months old! We were still living with my mother at the time but looking to get out on our own. Having two kids in diapers was no fun!! LOL... It certainly wasn't fun either when I was working and had to take them to daycare. I was fortunate again to have help with that. I must say it was extremely exhausting.

Alexis didn't come into the picture until 2005, after Darrell's first deployment. DeeJay was in 1st grade and Richie was in Kindergarten. Two young kids and an infant is sure to "make you" or "break you"... well, I'm not broken, lol...

My kids are my life and the reason I keep going. They give me strength when I feel weak... they cheer me up when I am down...

This pic is when we were going to the Fort Hood Fourth of July event in 2007:

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment