Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Soulja Boy apologizes*

"As an artist, I let my words get the best of me. Sometimes there are things that we feel, things that we want to express, and when we put them on paper and speak them out loud, they can come out wrong.

When I expressed my frustration with the US Army, not only did my words come out wrong, I was wrong to even speak them. So, I write this to give my sincerest apology to all members of the United States military services, as well as their families that were offended by my most recent lyrics.

As a young man who grew up in the post-9/11 era, I have watched our country fight two wars that seem like they are never going to end.

I have seen thousands and thousands of our brave men and women get killed in battle and often times, I think for what? A lot of people in this country are struggling to make ends meet and I think a lot about what if we had never gone to war.

Where would our economy be? Our schools, our after-school and work programs, our streets? I mean, damn, 48 people got shot in New York City just this past weekend ... in 3 days ... I'm not saying that it is just because of a bad economy, but at a certain point we have to take care of our own people.

In no way would I ever want to offend those who are protecting our freedoms ... a lot of homeboys who I grew up with, a lot of people who come from the neighborhoods we live in ... In no way do I want to hurt any of our honorable soldiers who put their lives at risk, regardless of how they feel about the two wars we fight in.

I am just frustrated that we haven't been able to bring you all home quick enough and my frustration got the best of me. I am deeply sorry.

~Soulja Boy"

Source

4 comments:

  1. He realized his record sales were going to plunder, so he said sorry...Not surprised most celebrities do this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least He Apologized. Where would we be without Music in Our Lives? This is not my Genre of Music but Once Long ago it was. I say your apologizes will be excepted except from asshole who just want to start shit. Play on brother :) Do you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I'm not posting anonymous bc i don't want people to know who I am. My name is Holli Jensen. My husband is a soldier and a deputy sheriff. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least he apologized... fake or sincere, who really knows? I can see it sincere more than fake b/c I understand the "soulja boy" mentality coming from the streets...that is why it didn't offend me to begin with.

    ReplyDelete