Sunday, February 12, 2012

The thought of Losing him...

All the "hoop-la" around the death of Whitney Houston on facebook had me thinking...

If something were to happen to my husband, be it at war or something else, I would be torn apart. Even if we were together or not, I would feel empty inside. I would mourn him because of my love for him... because of how he made me feel at my happiest moments... his past indiscretions and wrong doings wouldn't mean a thing in that moment... I also wouldn't be thinking about his occupation as a soldier...that is not why I love him..

When people lose someone they love, they deserve to grieve...and they deserve to do so without someone else discrediting that life...

A soldier, a celebrity, a doctor, a teacher...a drunk, a druggie, a homeless person down on their luck.. a lost life to those who loved them is a tragedy, no matter who it is.

Just some thoughts of mine...

2 comments: