Thursday, August 16, 2012

Starbucks Rumor Strikes Again! =)

Today I went to Starbucks to get one of my fave drinks... a Caramel Frappuccino! I've been super stressed out this week so I decided to treat myself. They were awesome and gave me tons of caramel, just how I like it! I shared a pic of my drink on *Army Wives Do It With Hooah* and someone brought up the old rumor, once again...


"I quit going there since they don't support soldiers."

 This rumor started in 2004 by a Marine who was misinformed, he heard it from a friend, who heard it from a friend. He sent out an email to friends trying to blast Starbucks:

Dear Everyone: Please pass this along to anyone you know, this needs to get out in the open. Recently Marines over in Iraq supporting this country in OIF wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffee and try to score some free coffee grounds. Starbucks wrote back telling the Marines thanks for their support in their business, but they don't support the War or anyone in it and that they won't send them the coffee. So as not to offend them we should not support them by buying any Starbucks products. As a War Vet and writing to you patriots I feel we should get this out in the open. I know this war might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground fighting street to street and house to house for what they and I believe is right. If you feel the same as I do, then pass this along, or you can discard it and I'll never know. Thanks very much for your support of me, and I know you'll be there again here soon when I deploy once more.

Semper Fidelis,
Sgt Howard C. Wright

 You can see the Snopes article here for more info - http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp

From Starbucks news, I see they released this:


They also released the following email sent to them from the Marine who made the claim they don't support the troops:


 You can find all that and a bit more at - http://news.starbucks.com/about+starbucks/myths+facts/militarydonations.htm

I'm a coffee gal and I love Starbucks! It annoys me that this rumor is STILL going around because people don't bother to confirm things. So here's my part in trying to stop the rumor =)

My fave item from Starbucks:


 What's your favorite drink from Starbucks?


 

2 comments: