Monday, December 10, 2012

Our 1st Strong Bonds Marriage Retreat!

This past weekend we went on our first marriage retreat and I have to say I enjoyed myself sooooo much! The retreat was in Orlando, Fl at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort/Hotel. This place was amazing! It was so beautiful and there was so much to do that I didn't want to leave. As a matter of fact, Alexis asked if we could live there lol...

The "theme" of the retreat was "Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage", a seminar/book by Mark Gungor. I took notes because I wanted to make some posts on some of the things we were told, but at the end of the weekend we got the book, so now the blog posts I do on some of the topics discussed will be a bit more in depth..yay! I know some won't like what is said, but it is hard to hear the truth, right?


Some of you may be wondering how much the retreat cost... well, all we had to pay for was gas to get there! And of course spending money if we decided to go out anywhere during our stay. The room was paid for, daycare was paid for and breakfast, lunch and dinner were paid for... and the food was pretty good! So we spent money on gas and something to eat on the way there and then on "date night" we went to Downtown Disney and saw a movie at the Dine-in theater. So while we may have spent a little more than others, it was our choice.. all you HAD to pay for was the gas to get there.

I'll share some pics from the hotel and then close this out... I have to decide which topics I want to discuss from the retreat in some future blog posts..

Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress

A view from our Room on the 6th floor.

More of our view.

More of our view.

Richie (left), DeeJay (right) on the balcony.

Alexis out on the balcony - she loved it!

The Christmas Tree in the Lobby.

Merlot, the parrot in the lobby - he talked!

This is where breakfast was held - Buffet breakfast, good food!

One of the conference rooms we were in.




On the last day there, they extended our check-out time to 2pm. We could check-out but stay until later that day to continue to use whatever we wanted..the pool, hot tubs, water activities, golf... we couldn't stay because sadly Darrell had to get back to work, but we did grab our lunch to go with complimentary, yummy smoothies!

For me, the retreat was a good experience. We learned some things to help us in our marriage and we had some quality time together as a family. If you ever have a chance to go, do it! I strongly suggest it. If we have a chance to go again, you know we'll be there!

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask!

2 comments:

  1. Hey...just wanted to let you know I nominated you for a liebster award...check out the post on my page :)

    ReplyDelete