Thursday, November 11, 2010

Lil Ole Me =) Part 2

Some more questions about me =)
If you missed the first part CLICK HERE.

Who are you?
Well, first and most importantly, I'm a mother... to 3 kids whom I love with all my heart, even on their bad days lol... I am a wife of a soldier, who has my undying love and support no matter where he is in the world, although I like it most when he is here with me....

If you could have any job, what would it be?
I love kids and when I was younger I wanted to be a Child Psychologist and I would still love to do that. However, I'm also unfortunately very sensitive when it comes to kids. I never persued that dream because I don't believe I would be able to handle it. Even though I want to help kids, I don't think I'm mentally strong enough to handle that job. That's why I went to school for Accounting LOL...

Advice for a new mom?
The most important advice I can give is to FOLLOW YOUR INSTINCT!! When you feel like something isn't right with your child, you go with it. For example: I knew something was wrong with my son and that what he had was not just a normal cold. My husband insisted he was fine and he would be better in a few days. I listened to him and just kept giving him tylenol and decongestant. After 2 days, I took him to the ER and it turns out he had pneumonia! I should have followed my gut. There was another time when I saw something in my son's ear. I took him to the doctor that day and the woman who was filling in for his regular doctor said she didn't see anything. I knew something was there, so I asked to speak to the other doctor on duty and he found it right away. It was a tiny birdseed and could have caused my son to go deaf. So, follow your gut when it comes to your child!

How do you keep things "alive" with your hubby so you don't drive away from eachother?
We love webcam and we talk often... "Sexy" pictures... we've never really had a problem not having that "alive" feeling.

Where did you grow up?

I grew up in South Jersey and lived there too until I was in my early 20's when he joined the army and we went off to Kansas.

What is your favorite color?
Purple...always...lol

What is your favorite home cooked meal?
I think I'm going to go with roast, potatoes and corn. I love the potatoes that are cooked with the roast,nummy in my tummy!! I like baby carrots with it too.

Do you have any crafts/hobbies?
I really wish I was crafty. I have been thinking of trying to get into something and try to make money with it, I just don't know what yet. As for hobbies, I love books! I love to read and I have several books I have read tons of times! I also love to color! LOL, I know that is kind of "childish", but you're never to old to color right?

How do you make time fly by when your hubby is away with training or deployment?

I have 3 kids so that really helps. I also have my friends who keep me busy and keep sane! For a bit I had my school work, but that is done now and after my hubby's block leave when he returns, I will be looking for a job. Besides, my kids and friends and the housework, I have my blog and my Facebook page, *Army Wives Do It With Hooah*.

When did you first know you were in love with Darrell?
One day after school, he came over with a friend. He wanted me to come with him because him and his friend wanted to cook me and his friends gf dinner. I was in a big over-sized shirt with sweat pants and pink grippie socks and I said I needed to get changed. He told me I was beautiful the way I was. I knew that moment, I was in love with him.

Toesies or regular socks?

Photobucket

2 comments: