Friday, July 27, 2012

Alexis had her 1st Heartbreak

Two nights ago I had to tell my daughter that my friends Mistie and Roy were unexpectedly moving. So that meant the triplets were leaving too. When it hit her that they were leaving and not coming back, she broke down. She cried for 45mins on my lap.


I told her it was going to be okay and that we could do Skype dates with them and the babies. Alexis was alright with that but broke down again when she said, "But I won't be able to hold them."

Alexis is 7yrs old and this is her first real experience with having to "lose" someone she loves because of the army. Before she was too young to understand and the deployments and training for Darrell really don't count because she knows he is always coming home.

Last night I made her picture to print out and keep with her until we get her a little photo album put together. She told me what pictures to use, what frame & what she wanted it to say:

We went yesterday to say goodbye to the babies but we'll still get to see Mistie and Roy before they leave for good. I met Mistie in a Myspace group about 5 or 6yrs ago and had the pleasure of becoming her "real life" friend when we moved to Stewart. I'm grateful for that =)

Alexis refused to leave their house yesterday until she got a picture with all 3 of the babies together lol - so here it is:

L to R: Ryan, Genesis & Joshua w/ Pookie (7/26/2012)


You can see more pics and follow me on Instagram - jamielynn1027

2 comments: