Monday, June 14, 2010

My progress with my weight loss =)

I use to be a thin girl but not so much anymore. Last year I found out I have a thyroid problem and that explains the extreme weight gain over the past 3 yrs. I’ve been on thyroid meds for about a year and a half. They are still being tweaked until I get to my correct dose and will continue to be tweaked over the years for the rest of my life.

To help me with my weight loss, I decided to see a weight loss doctor. I had my first appointment on 4/20/2010. I was weighed and my body fat percentage was calculated too. We also took a "before pic". Here is one I have from Feb 2009 at the ball:

Photobucket

So, on 4/21/2010 I started my "diet". For the past 2 months I have been counting my calories and keeping a food journal. I write down EVERYTHING I eat and I measure everything too. I go walking, which I need to do more, and I've started adding more exercises too, including: weights and resistance bands, my wave/step, and my exercise ball. June 21st will officially be 2 months and I have lost over 20 pounds so far.

Here's a picture of us this year, Feb 2010, on our way to Disney:

Photobucket

Here are some progress pics from the last 2 months:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Well, this is my progress so far! Yay me!!

2 comments:

  1. i have been struggling with weight loss as well and a few people have recomended i have my thyroid checked.
    did any thing tip you off? that it my be the cause of the problem or did some one just siject it to u i know a friend of mine had said that she started to notice somthign when she started to lose weight and her hair started to fall out<----- scary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I had no idea. I went to a therapist because I thought I was depressed. All I was doing was sleeping and I wasn't eating. I was extremely moody and flipped out over every little thing. A lot of times, problems with your thyroid can be mistaken as depression. Anyways, my therapist sent me to my doc to get on meds and he took one look and me decided to do bloodwork. That's how I found out.

    ReplyDelete