Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Creepy Adventures =)

Last night was quite an adventure to say the least! I had gotten something for another army wife and was taking it to her after my daughter's birthday party. I had never met her and I had no idea where I was going so I had Sharon come with me...boy am I glad she did!!

I had called the girl when I THOUGHT we were getting close to her house. It turns out I went way too far and she had me go down this back road in between Ludowici and Hinesville. Now, when we first left we had seen lightening, but really thought nothing of it. Then, it started pour!!

We were having a fit and freaking out! It was pitch black, except for my headlights, pouring so hard my windshield wipers were the highest they could go, and we looked like were in some scene from Jeepers Creepers or Wrong Turn with how creepy the back road looked! I couldn't pull over because there was no side of the road, it was more of dip. All we kept saying was, "keep going, don't stop!!"

Finally, we got to the end of the road where it met up with E.G. Miles road. I pulled over into a church "parking lot" (if you want to call it that, it was more dirt and gravel than anything else). Sharon's telling me not to get stuck in the mud because than we'd have to call her husband to come rescue us! Anyways, I call the lady and tell her where I'm at and she sends her daughter to meet me.

While we're waiting, we lock the doors and keep looking all around us. It's pitch black except for the occasional car and the crackling of light in sky, still pouring, still creepy. We were just waiting for someone to come sneaking up on the car and scare us to the point of losing control of our bladders!

After the girl gets there and leaves again, we head on our way back to Fort Stewart. The closer we get the more the rain lightens up. Once we got to the main gate we were out of the rain completely, and quite happy about it too!

Not long after I got home I went to bed since I had to get up early for the doctor. I tossed and turned all night with dreams of cannibal hick families trying to kill me. LOL. The things our minds get crazy with amazes me. Had it not been storming like that, I would have slept great.

All is good in the end though because I did what I set out to do (and made it home in one piece).

No comments:

Post a Comment