Friday, September 23, 2011

Makes Sense Doesn't It?

Been seeing this around Facebook so I'm gonna comment on it here.

"Dirty dishes prove I feed my kids, full trashcans prove I've tried to clean, messy floors prove that I let my kids have fun, piles of clothes prove I keep my kids in clean clothes, a messy bathroom proves that I bathe my children! So next time you walk into my house and see a mess, think twice before you judge!!! keep this going if you are a parent"

Dirty dishes prove I feed my kids - I didn't realize it was so hard to wash a dish when you're done! If you wash them as you dirty them, they don't pile up. Makes sense doesn't it?


Full trash cans prove I've tried to clean - No, full trash cans means you're too lazy to take out the trash. When the trash gets full you take it out of the can, tie it up and put it in the big trash can for trash day. This helps keep the nasty smell out of your house and the bugs away. Makes sense doesn't it?

Messy floors prove that I let my kids have fun - Or it could just mean that you are too lazy to sweep and mop and pick up toys. Or too lazy to teach your kids to clean up after themselves. Or both. If you keep the clutter to a minimum it is easier to keep it clean. Have a basket designated to toys downstairs and have your kids pick up after themselves when they are done playing. Then you won't be embarrassed at your mess when someone pops by unannounced. Makes sense doesn't it?

Piles of clothes prove I keep my kids in clean clothes - Not really. Do your laundry as it gets dirty and you won't have tons of it to do all in one day... teach your kids to put their clothes away. Piles of clothes are just place for bugs to hide. Keep the clothes clean and put up and it teaches your kids about responsibility in the long run. Part of a good lesson down. Makes sense don't it?

A messy bathroom proves that I bath my children - all it does is prove you're too lazy to clean it up. How messy can a bathroom get from bathing anyway? Is it that hard to hang the towel when you're done or put the toys up so they can dry and not get moldy? Who wants to bathe in a nasty bathroom? No one that I know... makes sense doesn't it?

On that note, I don't judge people based on the way their house looks.. Lord knows I have my "messy" moments, but not all the time and I don't make excuses for it. If my place is messy it's because I was lazy and didn't clean it. Not because I have kids.

  

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with your comments on this. My mom raised the two of us and worked but still managed to keep a clean house. Its all about teaching responsibility and taking pride in your surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree and when I first started seeing this on FB I was appalled. Here is my revised version, hope you like it :)

    Clean Dishes in the cupboards prove I clean up after my kids when they eat, Empty Trashcans prove I take out my garbage when it's full, Clean Floors prove that I work hard sweeping, mopping and vacuuming up after my family, Clean Clothes in the closets prove I put away my childrens' clothes after washing them, A Clean Bathroom proves that I want my children to live in a sanitary home! So next time you walk into my house I hope you will be comfortable, compliment me on all my hard work!!! keep this going if you are a parent who believes that children should be allowed to live in a clean and clutter free environment!!!

    ReplyDelete